Friday, March 16, 2012

"Slim Chickens"

This is the second carving in the scene I am doing with the little cowgirl. She will be walking her chicken on a leash. I have some friends who keep a few chickens and I am always accusing them of dressing their chickens up and treating them like pets. I suspect getting them to wear a hat might require some extra feed though! I still have to burn and paint this, after I complete the legs and feet. I used 20gauge copper wire and solder to get the basic armature for the legs and feet. I'll cover them with epoxy putty and shape them and glue them to the body. This fellow is about 2" tall and 2" long, to be in scale with the cowgirl, and it is a little challenging to work that small. Especially making things like feet and tiny cowboy hats! Thanks for looking!


No comments:

Post a Comment