Sunday, June 19, 2011

"Brown Eyed Girl" completed




“Hey where did we go,

Days when the rains came

Down in the hollow,

Playin’ a new game,

Laughing and a running hey, hey

Skipping and a jumping

In the misty morning fog with

Our hearts a thumpin’ and you

My brown eyed girl,

 
You my brown eyed girl. ” Van Morrison, 1967






Here is the project I just completed. This was really intended as a practice piece, to help me “remember” the techniques and details I learned in a class last year. I am pleased with it, because I was able to somewhat repeat the success I had in the class. Enough success to encourage me, but not enough to satisfy. The song seemed to fit her look and seemed an appropriate title. This is basswood and the base is padauk. The grain seemed more prominent in the basswood than in other pieces, but I like the effect. Thanks for looking.



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment