Friday, May 3, 2013

"Rememberies"

I was messing around with a small piece of wood and it turned into a pretty neat little face. It was about the size of a bottlestopper, but I wanted to present it more as a piece of art. I asked for advice in another post and decided on a base, but it took a while to think of a title. He reminds me of someone, maybe myself, and I got to thinking about years past. Remembering hair this long, and a full beard (not this long). Remembering motorcycles ridden and places seen. People and music, sadness and celebration. The years flow like a river and some memories fade and wash away and others are changed some by the flow of years. I think the best times are always in the present moment and have never had any urge to turn back the clock, to live in the past. But the past can be a nice place to visit, in our "rememberies". Thanks for looking! (hope you like the carving and the base)



No comments:

Post a Comment