Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Award winning carver?

Technically, I guess I could call myself that since ........(drumroll),,,,,,,I got 5th place in the LumberJocks Summer Woodworking contest! I entered my snake staff in the contest which had the theme of "Fluidity".

Category


Fluidity – "Like grasses swaying in a summer breeze, the fluid motion is visible in the solid form of the wood." Create a woodworking project that portrays fluidity and/or movement, Be sure to describe your inspiration and vision - the interpretation is as important as the finished product.



The voting is by members rather than judged and I would have loved to win some of the higher prizes of gift certificates to different tool suppliers! There were 77 total entries and mine was picked fifth, which amazes me when you look at some of the beautiful entries that got fewer votes than mine. ( http://lumberjocks.com/awards/summer_2010/results/13 ) No money for me, but I get a cool mug and some work holders.

No comments:

Post a Comment