Thursday, June 17, 2010

"Walking in Memphis"

"....walking with my feet ten feet off of Beale" is how the song goes. I finished this carving a few days ago. It is inspired by the song and a small photo of a guitar player in a magazine ad. I've studied and tried to figure out how to capture the energy and passion you see in some musicians for about 6 months. I really struggled with the positioning and tried clay models and other things before finally just starting and working it out as I went along! I carved different areas out of separate pieces of wood for strength and to allow me to accurately position things exactly as I wanted it to look. The guitar has over 40 separate pieces. Thanks for looking! Click on the pictures at the side and zoom in to get a close look at the details!!!!
(More pictures here too http://picasaweb.google.com/mpounders1/WalkingInMemphis# )







No comments:

Post a Comment