Friday, January 29, 2010

Carolina Wren completed

I finished this carving, finally! I started it over 20 years ago, but didn't touch until about a month ago. When I first got it, I didn't have the equipment or skills to finish it after I reached a certain point. I had some time waiting for the Quigley challenge to start, so I picked it up and found I was able to proceed. It was a lot of fun and turned out OK for my first one. I hope to get better with my future birds and I plan to try some more. They are very challenging, I suppose because the level of realism is so exacting. Everything has to br just so.

I have finished my Quigley entry but I won't post any of those pictures until after the contest ends on February 3rd. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but I probably don't have much chance of success against all those other entries. But I liked it, had fun, and learned a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment